American Heroes for North Carolina
At Aviation Triad, we proudly support American Heroes for North Carolina. Their goals are to:
- Make the Triad area a welcoming place for veterans.
- Educate the community about the importance of supporting our vets and the value they bring to our community.
- Educate veterans about their post-military opportunities.
- Encourage veterans to return to the Triad to live, work, and play.
- Promote the interests of former members of the US Armed Services.
- Help veterans fulfill their goals to become productive citizens and community leaders.
Unfortunately, too many Americans believe the stereotypes about the struggling veteran or the belief that all veterans return with PTSD and all veterans need a handout.
- The truth that most veterans return from serving their country as mature, confident, trained leaders of character, who make stellar employees and who bring immense value to our society.
- Highlights the successes of our returning veterans and celebrates the dedication, commitment, and resilience of those who served in the Armed Forces.
Focusing on Success
AH4NC hosts two major events each year to focus attention on the success of veterans:
- May: they host a Veterans Appreciation Day to provide a day of fun and relaxation to veterans and their families and to provide the public an opportunity to enjoy a day with our veterans and to say “thanks” to those who served.
- November: they host a Veterans Recognition Banquet to highlight veterans who have served their country honorably and who have returned to our community to lead successful business careers.
The AH4NC Vision
The number of active duty members is decreasing with every passing year and, after their selfless service, these men and women return to the civilian world. In a world where most civilians struggle to find work, it is even more difficult for a veteran to settle into the workforce. From the structure of the civilian workplace to as simple as the type of clothing needed for job searches are just a few of the issues that face career veterans.
Today, only 1% of American citizens are involved in the Armed Forces. They are, in effect, protecting the other 99% of our country.
North Carolina is home to the third largest military population in the United States and the 8th largest veteran population. Through signature events and programs, AH4NC connects employers and veterans.
How Hire Heroes USA Helps Veterans & Their Families
National nonprofit Hire Heroes USA provides free employment services to thousands of transitioning military members, veterans and military spouses every year – across the country and around the world – and it is the leading veteran service organization specifically targeting the issues of underemployment and unemployment among veterans.
Hire Heroes USA’s individualized career coaching services include resume, networking and interview assistance, federal sector help, mock interviews, and job sourcing. It also offers virtual employment workshops, virtual career fairs, and an exclusive job board that averages more than 16,000 job opportunities every month. The nonprofit also aligns itself with hundreds of employment partners, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies, that seek military veteran talent.
Please fill out the Contact Form on this page if you have any questions